So yesterday I posted a review of The Year I became Isabella Anders and today, I am exited to post my interview with the author, the lovely Jessica Sorensen!
1. How often do you get writers block and how do you deal with it?
When I experience writer’s block, I try to take a break and do something else, like clean my desk or something. That little break usually gets my ideas flowing again.
2. Where did you get your inspiration for The Year I became Isabella Anders?
The inspiration came from a dream I had. I remember waking up and thinking, wow, I need to write a story about that. So I wrote down some notes and a couple of months later, I started writing Isabella’s story.
3. In the book, Isabella does a lot of crazy stuff in Europe, what is the craziest thing you’ve done?
Lol, I can’t decide which ones the craziest! I will say that, like Isabella, I’ve had my own crazy adventures while I was on a trip in Europe.
4. Are there any qualities from yourself that reflect in your protagonists?
There’s some. Like Isabella and her quirkiness and love for zombies.
5. What do you do when you are not writing?
I spend time reading, going to movies, and I absolutely love to travel.
6. What was your favorite book when you were younger and what is it now?
I don’t think I’ve ever had a favorite book—there’s just too many to pick one! Even when I was younger, I loved too many books to call one my favorite. I was really big into mystery books back then, though. I still am, but I read more genres now, depending on what I’m in the mood for.
7. Can you give us any information about the next book in the Sunnyvale series?
In the next Sunnyvale book, readers are going to learn more about what happened with Isabella’s mom and who’s been stalking her. And Isabella’s finally going to get into a serious relationship with one of the guys.
Hope you guys enjoyed!
XOXO Shelby Grace