I am introducing a new feature to Graced with Books called TOP TEN TUESDAY! Every tuesday I will be putting out a list of top ten anything! This could be from authors, characters, other bloggers, or even favorite desserts. So check out Graced with Books every week for the next top ten!! Warning, it may contain spoilers!!
Top Ten Royalty in YA
- Cinder from Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Though based off of the cinderella story, Cinder is more than your average damsel in distress. With her wicked technical skills (it does help she is a cyborg) and insane girl power, it’s no wonder Cinder is my first choice.
- America Singer from The Selection by Kiera Cass
- America is chosen to compete for Prince Maxon’s heart but that doesn’t mean she is only there for fame (ahem, Celeste). She entered because she knew it would help provide for her family and save her home.
- Meghan Chase from The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
- Meghan is the daughter of the Summer King Oberon (Midsummer Night’s Dream) but was hidden as a mortal her whole life. When her brother was taken, she embarks on a journey to save him with Puck and the dark Winter Prince Ash. She is strong willed and powerful.
- Lucille “Luce” from Fallen by Lauren Kate
- This one is a little complex. Luce has lived many lives but doesn’t remember any of them. When she goes through a shadow in the third book, Luce gets to see and relive her past selves. One of those happens to be as a princess. I love Luce because she is no pushover, and doesn’t let love blind her to reality.
- Jessica from Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the dark side by Beth Fantaskey
- Jessica gets a visit from a strange Vampire Prince claiming that she was promised to him when they were babies, and he’s come to collect. Despite this, Jessica has no trouble making the task of winning her over extremely difficult for him.
- Alyssa from Splintered by AG Howard
- Alyssa is a descendant of the Red Queen which by birth makes her royalty, I love the character though I do not always agree with her choices (Team Morpheous).
- Emma from Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
- Emma, although half human, is still cosidered the half pbreen princess of Atlantis because of her Mother’s royal birth. She is headstrong and is not willing to accept defeat.
- Nyx from Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
- Based off of Beauty and the Beast, Nyx assignment was to obey her father and kill the beast who ruled over the land but instead she realizes that he is as innocent as she.
- Eadlyn Schreave from The Heir by Kiera Cass
- Daughter of America and Maxon, Eadlyn’s story is just beginning as she begins her own selection
- Aria Rose from Mystic City by Theo Lawrence
- Not the bravest on the list, but should be mentioned because she did assist a revolution against her parents and their government.
Thanks for read this Tuesday Top Ten! If you have ideas for a top ten, write me!
XoXo Shelby Grace!