So this week, I read the book Accidental Movie Star by Emily Evans! The review for that will be published on Sunday, but to get you excited, I did an interview with Emily! Before we get to that, I have a few announcements:
- I have a new schedule! On Sundays, my weekly book reviews will be up and on Tuesdays, my Top ten will be published.
- A reminder to authors looking for me to review their books, please check out my policies page first before shooting me an email!
Thats all! So without further ado, here it is and please enjoy!
1. What was the inspiration behind Accidental Movie star? Were any characters based on real life celebrities?
I’m a huge movie fan. While I didn’t base any of the characters on real people, I’ve loved hearing who the fans feel they resemble.
2. Ashley wants to be an architect but found out that she likes acting too, what are some of your hobbies besides writing?
Reading, reading and more reading. Then, movie watching and traveling.
3. How often do you get writers block and what do you do to get rid of it?
I’m fortunate that I don’t (at least so far). The best advice I’ve heard for being blocked is to go back to what inspires you (movies, music, books, art…), to read, and remember why you love writing.
4. Are there any qualities from yourself that reflect in your protagonist?
I have supportive friends. Other than that, they really are their own creatures.
5. What was your favorite book when you were younger and what is it now?
I’ve loved too many books to name just one (I’m a huge reader)…if I narrow it down to YA…I’d go with the Host and Twilight series by Meyer…and The Mortal Instruments series by Clare….and the Hunger Games by Collins and…(you see my problem here…I’ll stop). It was interesting of you to ask about the younger vs. older me reading habits. I’m not sure they’ve changed. I read adult romances in high school and now, and have read children’s books (Harry Potter series) with great pleasure as an adult. But interesting question.
I hope you guys enjoyed!
Look out for the review (coming out on Sunday) and be sure to look at some other interviews i’ve done here!
XOXO Shelby Grace