Hello Everyone! Welcome to 2019!
Today I am going to be talking about my 2019 Reading Goals! These are just some things that I want to accomplish in the next year bookwise. I wasn’t sure what a reading goal was at first, so I read some blogs (Coffee Cocktails and Books, Riveted, What Cathy Read Next) for some inspiration!
My Goodreads reading goal is 80 Books this year!
Without further ado, here is my list:
- Read 5 Books I already Own: I get a lot of books as presents, or there are just books that I bought but haven’t read. So I am making it a goal to read five books from my shelf!
- Read the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas (7 Books): People have been telling me to read ToG forever! I finally read ACOTAR by Sarah, and now I am ready to read ToG!
- Finish a Series that you started: For this goal, I am specifically thinking of the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. I read Shatter Me a year ago but haven’t started on any of the other books. I am going to finish the series this year.
- Read a Historical Fiction: I have a few HF books on my TBR shelf but haven’t gotten to any of them. I look forward to actually reading them this year!
- Listen to 1 Audiobook: When I was younger, I was really into audiobooks. I listened to all the books in the Narnia Series and I listened to the Twilight series. However, I haven’t listened to a book in a long time.
- ReRead the Mortal Instruments: It has been so long since I have reread this series in its entirety! I have all the books; now I need to find time to reread them all.
- Read a book by one of the Bronte Sisters: I usually stick to my YA/NA genre but I really would like to expand my reading genres, and I thought this would be a good way to start!
- 10 NetGalley Books: NetGalley is a great platform for reading and reviewing new books. I have worked on their site before but I would really love to work with them more on a more consistent basis.
- New Releases: There are so many books coming out in 2019! My goal is to read at least one new release every single month.
- BLOG EVERY WEEK: My final goal for the year is to have at least 1 blog post for you every single week. This isn’t a reading goal but its still very important to me. I really want to put out at least one book review and/or blog post every single week.
What are some of your reading goals this year?
See you Thursday!
XOXO Shelby Grace